You have no items in your shopping cart.
Hemp is a sustainable, low impact plant that can be made into fabric in a sustainable manner. Men’s Hemp clothing is comfortable to wear and long-lasting, making it good for you and better for the planet too.
GOOD FOR YOU
- Hemp is a durable, long-lasting fabric, three times stronger than cotton, but still comfortable on the skin. The fabric absorbs sweat, wicking moisture away from your body, keeping you cool in summer and warm in winter.
- Hemp fabric is easy to dye and is naturally resistant to fading. Even with continual washing, it will hold its shape. One of the most unique properties of hemp clothing is that it actually becomes softer and more comfortable as you wash and wear it.
- Hemp clothes are breathable and resistant to mould and UV rays. It is a tightly woven fabric blocking the sun’s rays from penetrating the material. Also, with thermal properties, it is a great alternative for outdoor activities and travel.
- Hemp fabric is also biodegradable - it will return to the earth once is useful life is over.
BETTER FOR THE PLANET
- Hemp is able to be grown with a lot less water compared to other crops, like cotton. There is minimal use of chemicals which helps to keep our waterways free from pollution.
- Rather than take nutrients and other properties from the soil, hemp actually returns most of the nutrients it takes from the soil.
- Many cycles of hemp can be grown on the same land, it is resistant to pests and doesn’t need fertilizers – it’s own leaf litter will provide the soil with enough fertilization.
The fibre produced from the hemp plant is similar to linen in texture. It can also be blended with other natural fibres to create fabrics with the durability of hemp and the softness of cotton or bamboo.
Have you ever worn men’s hemp clothing? We find our discerning customers at Stewart’s Menswear in Mullumbimby prefer natural fibres and are more than willing to explore alternatives to cotton.
The new Summer range has arrived in-store this week and we can't wait to show it off. Visit our website today to view the range as well as clearance styles and more including men’s hemp/bamboo pants and men’s hemp/cotton t-shirts.
If you enjoyed this blog, we would love it if you joined us on Facebook. We take time to curate our posts and are mindful to share relevant and useful tips that will help you.